Sunday, June 30, 2013

We Ran a Marathon...

Well, not a real marathon, but a thrift store marathon! Nine hours and seven stores! It kind of felt like a marathon, the stores were hot, we were sweaty and tired, but we had to push through to the end! I had so much fun yesterday with my BFF, Michelle. We never have time for a girl's day so this was a huge deal. And why spend it at a spa when you can spend it bargain hunting. Michelle and I have known each other going on ten years now. She knows my faults and my quirks and she loves me anyway and I feel the same way about her. She's my partner in crime. My go-to girl and I love her for it. We didn't get a lot of pictures yesterday but here we are in all our sweaty glory at the end of the night. I love this girl.


And if you like scrapbooking, crafting, vintage stuff or just all around being creative follow her on Instagram at vintagewhimsie. She rocks.

It's kind of hard to see here but we filled her entire Sequoia with treasures.
Most BFF's buy each other matching necklaces of bracelets. We bought matching chairs! I'll post a better pick but you can kind of see the orange a bit there in the back. They are awesome and a smoking deal at $10 each!


We loaded up at Valley Thrift. The place was packed but everything was 50% off! Yes, more afghans and vintage coats, please!


This was an amazing deal. Vintage wall art that will hang over our couch. $15 for the pair.


I think this was my find of the day. Chalkware wall art stamped 1958 with the original labels on the back. $1.75 each. They need a little bit of love but we have someone who restores them back to new. 


Once I get the car unloaded today I will get more pictures up tomorrow. We found clothes, Pyrex, and so much more. It was the best day ever, not because of what we found but because I got to spend it with my dear friend.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Sunday. I'll be spending it cleaning up my treasures!
-Tricia

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy I haven't had time to get anything out of the bags and boxes. :( Stupid life getting in the way of my junk!

      Delete