Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ah...Sunday Morning.

The most relaxing day of the week, in my opinion. So, how do I convince Brian to drive me back down to Hemet for the estate sale that's 50% off today...but I digress.
Sunday is my favorite day to wake up too. It is usually my day of rest. We normally stay close to home and it's my laundry day which technically isn't resting but it's easy to just switch the loads and have Brian fold them- ha! I attend online church in the morning and cut coupons over mugs of coffee. I'm lucky our church has an amazing media department where you can watch live from your computer. It's the perfect way to start my day.

However, one thing I do struggle with is insomnia. I have a terrible time sleeping. I can't fall asleep and I can't stay asleep. That's one reason I get up at 5:00, I'm already awake. And yes, I've tried all the tricks. The only thing that works is medication- and I don't like taking it as I feel like a zombie the next day. 
My friend sent me this and it sums it up perfectly.


I find it interesting that the more people I talk to and the more I read on Facebook, that this seems like a more common problem, than not. And it's usually a problem for women. Do we try to do too much? Is it impossible to shut our brains off at night because the "to-do" list is still being written in our heads? I don't know and I don't have any answers. Maybe we need a support group that meets around 2:00am. If I solve the problem, you'll be the first to know. Until then, I'm off to grab another coffee.

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting to here if I found Pyrex yesterday. Was that red blob in the photo Pyrex or something else? Well, without further adieu I'd like to introduce you to these beauties.


One large RED square Pyrex and three of it's smallest cousins. All in pristine condition. No wear at all. I didn't have anything like these and since my kitchen is red, these are perfect.

They will have a spot of prominence in my Pyrex cupboard which houses just a little bit of my entire collection.



The cabinet they sit in was handmade by my grandfather- it doesn't get any better than that!

I still have more stuff to show you from the Hemet sale, I just haven't cleaned it up yet. I went to two more sales yesterday morning so I have a lot to clean before I can post pics. I did get these few things washed up from the Hemet sale.
I grabbed this little Pyrex bowl in the mushroom pattern. Not what I normally collect but it was a good deal and will look nice at Thanksgiving.


I also found this vintage tin full of embroidery floss that I can use in scrapbooking.


I always look for clothes too. Anything vintage or handmade since I can't sew. I got this sweet little handmade shirt that I think will look adorable with a brown belt and a handmade apron for the kitchen.


Davis spotted this afghan in Haunted Mansion colors- perfect for her room!


So my day will be spent cleaning up what I got yesterday and debating on driving back to Hemet this morning. The laundry can wait, right?  Choices, choices. 

I hope everyone has a blessed and relaxing Sunday!

-Tricia





















No comments:

Post a Comment