Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Funday

Is it Monday already? I feel like the weekend flew by! I started off the day by going to online church at Crossroads. I love online church! It keeps me from getting distracted by stuff going on around me and let's Brian and I talk about what we are hearing. The message was about Parenting and who doesn't need help in that department?

After church it was off to Joanns to grab some fabric. We really need a new duvet cover and wanted something modern that would match our vintage Heyward Wakefield furniture but haven't been able to find anything. 

Don't tell anyone but our current duvet is from when we got married- and it came with a hole in it! Luckily, I have an awesome friend who can sew and is making us a new cover. I wish I could sew but unfortunately it was never a skill I acquired. I've tried to learn but I am really all thumbs and I don't even have the patience to thread the machine. Davis is a much better sewer than I am!
















Then we headed to Michaels. I needed frames for our paint by numbers we acquired from our friend's estate. Not too much luck as I found out most are an odd size and I will have to order them. I did get two though, one came with a frame, and I think they are just so awesome!

Here are the two biggest ones. They will go over our mantle with the vintage t.v. lamp that just happens to be a swan...perfect.



I realized a month or so ago that my love to rescue old things only applies to stuff that belonged to other people. I have no attachment to my own personal things- pictures from high school, college mementos, all go to the trash.  I don't save anything of my own stuff. But yet I find it important to save other people's stuff. Weird, I know. That's something I might need to explore, lol. So this weekend I rescued two afghans from thrift- $5 each! 



I finished up the day by making Brian and my dad calendars for Father's Day. I used Shuffterfly and had a coupon so they were only $10 each! I think they came out so cute and they have already shipped.


We also made time to pick up the artwork that was set aside for us to choose from. We were able to get a couple of originals and lots of prints. So happy to have them and memories of Davis' art teacher.


Now it's full speed ahead planning Davis' baptism party! Michaels didn't have any lavender spray paint so I will be heading to Home Depot today. I tried to dig out some of our silver from storage but most of it was buried so I need to scrounge up some trays for the party. We are super excited for her baptism- it's going to be a great day with friends and family. 

 
So, it's off to work for me- hope everyone has a great Monday!


- Tricia















No comments:

Post a Comment