Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Perfect Day

It's not very often you can say that but this time I honestly can. Davis' baptism was A. Perfect. Day. 
I am going to post a lot of pictures of the day so you can see how lucky we were to have so many people here to support Davis in her journey of faith. Tomorrow I will talk about the party and the planning but today is for celebrating Davis and the decision she made to walk with Christ.

We were so blessed to have the Quinty's open their beautiful home to us for the baptism. I was baptized in a backyard pool surrounded by friends and family and I wanted the same experience for Davis. There's just something about the small gathering of the people around you that makes it even more special. 

We were lucky enough to have some of Davis' friends, their parents, her grandparents, and the parents of her dear friend and art teacher, Linda, who passed away witness the baptism. This was so special because Linda was instrumental in Davis growing with the Lord as she was such a great example of Christian charity and love.




And of course I can't say enough about this man. Davis' fifth grade teacher who was so influential to her growth as a person came to do the honors. What a blessing to have someone so close to her, that knows her, and has watched her grow be able to perform the baptism. This was a true blessing!

 


After Mr. Fairley spoke Davis sang "Amazing Grace" which was my grandfather's favorite song. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house! 





Then it was time.












   
 I was so proud of her. It was just beautiful and her friends were so supportive!



Then we headed up to our house for the reception.


The photos on the balloons are of Davis from when she was a baby until now. 






 
Mr. Fairley gave her one of his paintings as a gift! How amazing is that. She will always have something to remember this day by. This painting will have a special place in her art room next to her drawings she has from her time with Linda.

 
 


She received many beautiful unexpected gifts. An angel to watch over her, journals, and devotional books. Such a blessing to have these things to help her along her journey.


We spent the rest of the day with my parents and finished the evening with a wonderful dinner.
Just when I thought the celebration was over. I woke up to this, this morning.




Davis' friends gave her a "heart attack" last night. They wrote inspirational messages and congratulations on paper hearts and sprinkled our lawn and driveway.  I love this so much and I love her friends that were so sweet to think of her!

The whole day was so beautiful and I want to say a big thank you to everyone that went out of their way to make it happen. It couldn't have been more amazing. It was The. Perfect. Day.

-Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment