Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's a Painterly Effect....

The blog post title is for Brian. He hated when art directors asked for a "painterly" effect on his projects. It was the buzz word at the time, lol. He would cringe every time they said it. Kind of like "think outside of the box" well...okay...I'll try....lol. But I digress. Work really got in the way of my craft time yesterday so I had Brian do my painting for me. I needed my mason jar lids painted lavender for Davis' party. The mason jars will be the glasses for the lemonade. I also bought a silver cupcake stand at World Market which will become the fruit stand. All in lavender, of course.


 The lavender branches will become the table centerpiece. More pics of that later.

 
 Remember all those cheap glass vases I bought at thrift? I painted them just to see how they would turn out. They came out great- the green one and white ones are for the mantel and the turquoise one is for my friend who collects that color :) I can't wait to keep doing this with all of that glass down at Goodwill-it must be rescued and given a new life!


 
 I think the key is to look for textured glass. The glass patterns made this super interesting after I painted them. I used Rust-Oleum Ultra Coat Spray Paint and it only took one coat. They make both a glossy and flat paint. I think I preferred the glossy as it gave it more shine like the original glass.

  

 I think the white one almost looks like milk glass. It definitely looks like something you would buy at Z Gallerie or Pottery Barn! And it was only $1 at thrift! Gotta love that!



 After I crammed in as much work as I could for the day. It was off to finish about fifty feet of garland. Luckily, the marathon hockey game was on so I had something to watch while I did it. Oh, I had a helper too- can you spot him?

 

Finished the garland and just held it up so you can get an idea. This will go on the patio for the party.
 

I also finished off all the silverware jars too. I created a monogram for the center and used the Epiphany Crafts tools (of course) to create the charms.



The hula hoop chandeliers are finished but I can't get a good photo until I hang them up. Right now they looked like I created a creepy dreamcatcher. I have to finish the menu and shopping list today and a few last minute decor pieces. Then on Friday I will "stage" the party just to make sure I have everything in place. Lots to do, but I feel like I am on schedule. 

On a side note, tough triple over time lost for Boston last night. What a game. I can't wait to watch the next one. Who doesn't love watching hockey in June when it's a hundred degrees outside because I sure do!
I hope everyone has a great day- do something to make it fabulous!

-Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment