Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Apologies for the Delay...

in posting today! I know you are all hanging on my every word and anxiously await every 7:00am post! Well, maybe my mom does...but I'm pretty sure she is the only one. It's going to be short and sweet today because the day is half over and I need to get to work and my quiet writing time is between 5:00-6:00am- this middle of the day stuff doesn't seem to work for me.

So yesterday Brian left the house at 5:00am to head up to Venice to check out a couch from Craigslist. It was the one we wanted so he put down a deposit and was planning on renting a truck to go pick it up today. He swung by Long Beach and picked up a new lamp from Craigslist and finally got home at 3:00. After a little bit of research, we find out it's not just $19.95 a day to rent a truck, but also $.59 a mile so our great deal on a couch just doubled in price after we rent the truck. So Brian decides he is going to drive back to Venice at 5:00pm and somehow either shove it in the H2 or strap it on the roof like a Christmas tree. I was so nervous as I could picture the thing flying off in the middle of the freeway somewhere. Luckily, he got in inside the H2 with the lift gate open and he didn't even get carbon monoxide poisoning on the way home!

So here she is in all her beauty...





Even Luck likes it! And yes. he is wearing a diaper. Don't ask.

The lamp Brian picked up looks great next to it.





This lamp was a steal at $40...they usually sell in the $150-$400 range.

So we hit two estate sales this morning and got some awesome deals on some great stuff. I will try to get everything cleaned up today so I can post pictures tomorrow.
See? Short and sweet! Until tomorrow-

-Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment