Friday, June 21, 2013

Thursday Thrift.

We made a trip down to Orange County yesterday and I scored in the thrift department! Our first stop was Goodwill in Huntington beach. I finally got a Fire King chafing dish that I thought I already had but when I went to use it for melted chocolate for Davis' party I realized it was just a dish in a silver tray. I also got an Anchor Hocking casserole dish, a canister I use in my scraproom for buttons, and a cut glass dish in red that matches the green and yellow one I already have. Score! 



I also rescued an afghan for just $2.99.


I found an Inland Glass snowflake bowl and some gold 1970's glasses to match my gold punch bowl and tumblers. 


But the best deal I got was a set of dishes made in 1957 from Knowles. I got the entire set for $20.00. The lady said she just put them out. What timing! It even has the creamer! These will be my new Thanksgiving dishes!




They coordinate with my Harvest Pyrex set that looks like this.


I knew it was a good deal but realized this morning when I went to research it, that an even later version with not as many pieces as I have is on eBay. Check out that price!






We went to dinner with Brian's mom at the cutest place ever that was right up my alley! The Steak House side is called "Park Avenue" and looks like a vintage lounge inside. We ate in the Italian portion that is called il Gargae. You are literally eating in a garage surrounded by a beautiful garden. The food was top notch and the ambiance amazing. If you are ever near Stanton, CA it's worth a stop for sure.



How adorable is the Starburst on the outside! I'm a sucker for rock work too!


Here is an adorable picture of Davis with Brian's mom. You can see some of the garden in the background.






We had a great time and a perfect day of thrifting. We are up and off early to hit an estate sale in Hemet. There is something specific I want that I saw in the pictures and I'm hoping it's still there when I arrive!

I hope everyone has a great day!

-Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment