Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So Tell Me...

when does it go from "I get up early" to "I get up in the middle of the night?" I try to at least wait until I see the sun coming up before I get out of bed, but this morning we got up at 4:45 and I am pretty sure that is still considered "nighttime." Today, Brian has a Craigslist lead on a new-to-us couch. The guy wanted to meet before he left for work and with traffic it's going to be quite the drive, so he was on the road by 5:00. 
Sometimes you have to sacrifice sleep when you are hunting down the deals!

Speaking of deals, I figured out why Tuesday is thrift day. Everything is 50% off at the SA on Tuesdays. How much do I love that? There wasn't any Pyrex to be found yesterday, actually Pyrex has been hard to find as of late. But I did score an awesome deal on something I have wanted for a long time but have always refused to pay the dealer price.

Look at this beauty! 
It's a vintage sewing box with the graphics completely intact. I have wanted one for a while and they usually go for about $30-$40 in way worse condition in this one. 
I found it at the SA over by the t.v.'s. Only $5.00. Deal of the day!

 

 There was also an adorable modern style ice bucket that fills the space on our console perfectly. Only $3.00. And yes, we do collect the Chalkware lamps from the 1950's...we call this one "Peter Pantress."

      

I found a tie for my brother. It's the short '40's style that he likes. Only $1.00.

     

Finished the day up with a hounds tooth coat for me. I've wanted a hounds tooth coat forever. I am going to add vintage rhinestone buttons to this one. $10.00 at the GW.


And lastly, just so you know that I do actually use and wear all this stuff. I sported my $5.00 handmade estate sale dress yesterday! I figured it would bring me good luck on the hunt! 
I love pairing vintage clothes with modern items so you don't look like you stepped off of the "Can't Buy Me Love" set.


So what are you up to today? I'll be working this morning and anxiously awaiting Brian's update on the couch! I hope everybody has a great Wednesday- after all it's hump day and I am now just three days away from my south county thrift store adventure with my BFF Michelle! I am just a little bit excited about that!

-Tricia

2 comments: