Saturday, June 29, 2013

Treasures...

Success! We left the house at 5:45 am on Friday morning and headed out to what looked to be an amazing estate sale. Numbers were handed out at 7:00, and we were lucky number 8! There were about four men in line ahead of us and we kept wondering why they were giving Brian the stink eye. I was more concerned about the women, because I knew there was Pyrex to be had. After we received our number Brian needed to "carb up" so we headed to a place he found on Yelp, "The Avocado House" and Brian ate this:


Now he was ready. We got back in line and I'm not even kidding you, when they started letting people in- they were running. I refuse to run- more because I am clumsy than anything else. I headed for the kitchen which was about the size of a small bathroom along with four other ladies. But I'm young and quick, and I had a box with me so I grabbed what I wanted and was out of there. Whew. Then we had time to shop the rest of the sale and boy was I right. There was a ton of great stuff.






I need to get it all cleaned up before I post pictures.
I finally found a typewriter I wanted at a price I would pay. It's not the 1950's Royal in green but it is still pretty cool.





And of course I grabbed this.


Then we finally figured out why the guys were so interested in Brian. They were there for records and Brian had inadvertently worn his "Sun Records" t-shirt...so they assumed he was another collector. Who knew his mission was the vintage swan T.V. lamp I had seen in the photos!

The last night Brian got a Craigslist hit on a Carter Brothers chair. It was back in the car to snap it up before someone else did. Little did we know we were buying it from David Weidman who's artwork graces the walls of Peggy's office on Mad Men. Now that's cool. 






We are off to San Diego today- Brian has to work the San Diego show and I am spending the day thrifting with my BFF. Poor Brian. Wish me luck!
-Tricia



4 comments:

  1. That chair is to DIE FOR, Tricia. You had such a score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Yeah, Brian is a Craigslist pro. She listed it and he grabbed it, lol.

      Delete
  2. That chair IS outstanding!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! Brian looked it up and apparently it has quite a history.

      Delete