Sunday, August 4, 2013

Now the Work Begins...

Our house is a disaster. I mean a complete and utter disaster. We found our "new" furniture before we closed "the museum" so everything was stacked up on top of each other so you can't even walk through the house. We took a few "before" photos. 



We got about halfway done last night so now we are living like this.



What a mess. Our garage is packed with stuff we are selling so our goal this morning is to make several trips to the storage unit with the museum furniture and boxes so we can clean out the garage and make room for everything we are listing on Craigslist. My back hurts already. 

In other news, we went to the most amazing estate sale yesterday morning. It was a packed house of a couple that used to own an antique store- score! And everything was cheap, cheap, cheap. I got boxes of dishes- Pyrex was $1-$2!! I got a set of "My Blue Heaven" which I collect for $4! You can't even find it anymore and usually one dinner plate is $12-$15! It's going to take me a while to go through all of the boxes though. I felt like I was robbing the place but they just wanted it gone. 
The prices were cheaper than thrift! Amazing.


In other news. Davis graduated from her Maya class on Friday. She made the most amazing Pokemon/Haunted Mansion mash-up animation. I am so proud of her for sticking with such a hard program to learn.





Her instructor was "Bubbles" and he was amazing!


So wish us luck today! It's going to be long and back-breaking. I just need my house back before Monday- that's not too much to ask, right? I hope everyone else has a relaxing Sunday!
-Tricia


1 comment:

  1. Score is right.... every Estate sale I've ever been to everything is outrageously priced!

    ReplyDelete