Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's Hear it for Friday!

Whew, been a couple of interesting days around the ole Fogg homestead. I've had a pinched nerve in my neck since we moved all of our furniture into the storage unit last weekend. I am miserable. Nothing seems to help with the pain at all. I guess I will be just waiting it out. 

Brian left for Santa Rose yesterday morning and Davis is still at art camp. So the house is Q-U-I-E-T. Except for our "zoo" which is still keeping me busy. Before Brian left he was nice enough to put the trash cans outside for me...but he forgot to shut the gate. When I let the dogs out yesterday I had no idea the gate was open. Once I went to call them inside almost an hour later, only Lucky was waiting by the back door. Crap. I was missing two dogs. So into the car I jumped, in my pajamas, no less, to drive around and try to find them. I found Como first one cul-de-sac over. He's so fat he can't run far and he has a cone on his head. I found Firenze two streets over. Thank goodness. I wrestled them back into the car and the house. Our dogs are such runners, I never thought I would find them. 

While I was driving around the warning lights came on in the H2 so....now I don't have a car to drive to Orange County to see Davis' art show today. Aagh. I am making it up to her by taking her to D23 as a surprise once Brian gets back on Sunday. So not only am I alone, in pain, but I am also house bound. Kind of getting stir crazy. I did have time to clean up the vintage clothes I scored last weekend. Two full black trash bags of stuff from three different sales. 

And oops I did it again...I said I wasn't going to buy any more afghans but I couldn't pass these up. The first one was $1! And the second one has fringe! I couldn't say no.

 
I also scored some sweaters with the labels still intact.


And another hand knitted poncho. This fall I am singlehandedly bringing the poncho back!
I also got two shift dresses, one with a matching coat.

And the cutest knitted drawstring purse and scarf.
So no car means no estate sales for me this weekend. I am super glad it is Friday and Davis will be home today. Just a week and a half until she starts school. So sad. I love having her home. I hope everyone has awesome plans for the weekend. Keep your dogs close.
-Tricia





1 comment:

  1. oh no! So glad your found your dogs... I know that sick feeling when a pet disappears. We once lost Newton and the next morning he was in the garage! Talk about panic attack!

    ReplyDelete