Thursday, August 22, 2013

And With That...It's Over.

Good bye summer! How we loved you. Nothing on the agenda, no homework, waking up late, hanging around doing nothing. I love summer. I hate the heat part of it and never go out into the sun if I can help it but I love having Davis home with me. She still likes to hang out with us so having her around is a constant joy. I would home school her just to have her around me if I had the discipline, but I know I don't. 
So how did we spend our summer?




1. Estate sales. Lots and lots of estate sales. Davis is our secret weapon, she can sneak in and grab the good stuff before anybody even notices she is there.

2. Tech Camp: In two weeks Davis designed her own video game in Fusion and learned Maya.

3. Art Camp: Two weeks of sculpture and painting.

4. Disneyland- Davis' favorite place on earth.

5. D23- the Disney lovers convention.

6. We did do one overnight trip to Newport Beach.

And now this. The first day of school.


Eighth grade. Kind of sad this is her last year before high school. Really? Where did the time go. It just flew by. 

I still think of her like this:

I am excited for her future and what she will become. In five short years she will be off to college so I treasure every moment I can spend with her. 
She rocks.

I hope everyone has a great back to school and enjoys the last few days of summer! Have a fabulous day!
-Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment