Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Spent Tuesday afternoon hitting up thrift, Joanns, and working on Davis' party decor. 

First stop was Joanns to grab some fabric for the party. They are having a huge sale right now and the place was packed. They are offering a 50% off coupon as well so I got a ton of fabric for very little money!


I also found some awesome printed burlap. I didn't have a project for it so I didn't buy it but if you have any ideas, run, don't walk and grab up that brown chevron and the gold dots!


 

Then we headed to the thrift store down from our house. I always go on Tuesdays...in my head I think of it as their "re-stock" days but I don't think that is true, lol. They were having a 50% sale off of everything!
 

I scored a gold trimmed egg plate (and yes, I collect egg plates) a couple of glass trays for the party, a new candy dish, a Fire King dish, and those little tiny plates have a starburst pattern on them. Not a bad haul!


I was also able to grab two juice glasses that match the set I already have and then grabbed three cheap but interesting glass vases I plan on DIY-ing up today. We'll see how that goes.
And then I actually planned ahead for a Christmas project idea I have in my head and grabbed some vintage records. Those reindeer have googly eyes- perfect!
 I also found Davis a "25th Anniversary" Disneyland glass. I will have to post pics of that tomorrow as she has it in her room and is still sleeping off her video game party from last night. We stayed up until midnight waiting for her to get home- first time we felt like real parents of a teenager!



I worked on one side of the mantle a bit. Still a ways to go but I did find my ducks that I took down last Christmas and never put back up...


Then it was full speed ahead with party prep. I covered two large (way too big) hula hoops in fabric strips for the party chandeliers. This is either going to come out really cute or more like a train wreck. Only time will tell.


 Then for anyone who knows me, knows I HATE the sound of ripping fabric. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me...well....I needed fabric strips for the party banner projects so Brian and I ripped 15 yards into one inch strips. It took four hours! I should have worn earplugs...but now I am completely desensitized to the sound of ripping fabric.
 

On the to-do list today....work...then paint, paint, paint all the party decor. Need to get my food list all done and the carpets shampooed. I hope everyone has a great day!

-Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment