Monday, September 2, 2013

This Heat Wasn't Going to Stop Me...

from hitting the Irvine Valley Flea Market Sunday morning. We got a late start and yes, it was super hot by the time we got there. I hate getting there late because all of the good stuff is usually gone but it was a last minute decision to go as we have been cooped up in the house avoiding the heatwave for days. 

This was the first time we've been since they moved the location. It is now held at The Great Park in Irvine. This is my favorite flea market because it is small, lots of different vendors, and the parking and admission are free. Parking was easy at the new location and it's now next to a farmer's market if you are into that sort of thing. So even with the new location, it's still my favorite flea market to go to. If you are ever in the area you should check it out- it's always the first Sunday of every month.

We literally made it one booth before I saw stuff I had to have. I was pulled in by the rack of vintage clothes because I spied a poncho- and yes, once this heatwave is over I will be bringing the poncho back! She had shirts and dresses...all for a few dollars. 


Brian got pulled in by the Burke fiberglass chair out front that would match the tulip chair we already have. When she offered to sell it to him for $30, it was practically giving it away. I still need to decide on the fabric for the cushions but now our tulip chair has a friend.


We were looking for little items to decorate our living room and I found this. It was marked $20, she sold it to me for $5.00. I guess arriving late has it's advantages because this lady was ready to deal.


Another art piece, marked $10....bought at $5.00


And my most favorite thing I saw all day which makes no sense if you look at it- big cat, dancers, statues....no clue who painted it or what it means, but I am seriously in love with it. Davis said we should put it right inside the front door as it describes what people are getting into when they come over, lol. I love it and for $5.00 I felt like I was stealing it.


We only shopped at one other booth. we found two pieces from Belart, which normally sell for $125-$200, a steal at $40.00 for the pair. They are about three feet tall.



So after we got home we had the joy of cleaning up everything and getting it put away. The one corner of the dining room is starting to come together and I finally have a place for my Jadeite. 


Of course kitty gets a place of prominence by our $30 lamp. I think the color in the lamp really brings out her eyes.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day! We will be housebound staying out of this miserable heat. How can I bring the poncho back when it's 100 degrees outside? 
-Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment