Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving...

So we had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year surrounded by our little family. It was just as it should be! We have so much to be thankful for- our health, our jobs, and the ability to put a roof over our head and food on the table. This year I cheated a little bit. I didn't make any pies...gasp! But I did make my famous cranberry cake which is delicious. 
I even cooked the potatoes in the crock pot...thanks Pinterest...and that worked out to be super easy too!
I had a new recipe for cooking the turkey by covering it with bacon. It looked good but I wasn't happy with the outcome. I will be going back to my old recipe next year.
I used my vintage glasses and rooster plates I bought at the thrift store for the table. The minute I saw them I knew they would be perfect for Thanksgiving!
I love this picture of my dad and my old man Tygrr. It's always a blessing when he makes it through another holiday (Tygrr, not my dad, but him too, lol) 
Lucky got into the spirit of the day!
Scenes from dinner....Davis.
 Davis and Brian's sister Gina.
My mom and Davis.
Last one still wearing their crown has to do the dishes!
Brian and I...boy do I look tired. I guess that's what twelve hours of cooking does to you! And Brian is still sporting his "Movember" mustache.
It was a really fun day. Best part....leftovers! You didn't think we would leave the animals out, did ya? They were turkey fiends! Especially Tygrr.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now we are on to my favorite time of year...this girl loves Christmas! I can't wait!
-Tricia






 





No comments:

Post a Comment