Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

and this girl loves Christmas! I am completely obsessed with planning the "perfect" holiday. Every since we spent Christmas in CHOC with Davis I have felt the need to out do myself every year. I started decorating the week before Thanksgiving in order to "max out" the holiday time. We won't get our real tree until this weekend but we do have five artificial ones up. Of course, Davis had to have a Haunted Mansion themed tree and I was able to find a black tinsel one online...who knew? I thought I would share a few of my things I have collected here. Luckily, for me Brian loves living in a house where it looks like a Christmas bomb went off, however, I think he might be getting a little tired of me playing Christmas carols 24/7.

I finally finished up the mantle. I made the display with the vintage Christmas records I collected over the past year. I added in a few of my vintage elves and Santas and I really love the way it turned out.



Right below it is my score of a complete set of Putz houses I found last weekend at the flea and I just HAD to have them. Luckily, I am friends with the dealer and he gave me a sweet deal on them. They are in their original box and even have the people and trees!


I picked up this church at an estate sale about a week ago. I have never seen one like it and I am in love!


One of my trees is white with vintage ornaments. I scored the gold base at the flea this weekend too. It was a good day! The cords from the mantle drive me crazy but I haven't figured out a solution yet.


This sweet Santa was another flea market find from the weekend.


A few years back I remembered the nativity scene from when I was a kid and I just had to have it. I found the set complete on eBay in it's original box. A really fond memory from my childhood.


I'm also obsessed with the old felt ornaments especially the reindeer. Here is part of my deer collection.


You can't have too many felt Santas either!


I also am obsessed with nativity scenes and here is one of the five I have up this year. It's a lot bigger then it looks in the photo.


I try to ad a little bit of Christmas in with our normal decor.


And last but certainly not least is my very favorite tree. My vintage silver with the color wheel and vintage metal base. I love it so much it has a home on our kitchen center island.


I hope you are all feeling the Christmas spirit! It's only fifteen days away! 
-Tricia










No comments:

Post a Comment